Make sure you have or have done the following before leaving on your Outing Club trip...
Itinerary planned and distributed to parents and school with the following:
- Where you are going
- How you are getting there
- Routes you are taking once you are there and mileage
- Campsites you are staying in
- Leaders phone numbers and Emergency #s
- Evacuations Routes
- Nearby Hospitals
- School should also have participant and leader list
- Your school will take comfort in knowing what equipment you are taking and the qualifications of all the leaders so that they know you are taking all the proper steps to mitigate risk.
- Meals planned and food purchased and packed as necessary
- Know the weather forecast
- Bring any permits/reservation info that you might need
- Driving directions and maps of your destination/route
- Know trail conditions, water levels, avalanche forecast etc.
- Students should have:
- Received a packing list and leaders should verify that they have what they need
- Know if they need to bring any of their own food
- A clear understanding of where they are going and what they are doing
- Submitted up to date health and permission forms
- A stocked First Aid kit
- Trip-appropriate equipment
- Emergency Money / Credit Card