T3 Happenings Calendar
February 13-15th Great Maine Outdoor Weekend
- a series of events led by outdoor oriented organizations and companies to celebrate the how, where, and what of being active outside in Maine. Our goal is to connect our friends and neighbors with the natural world, to promote fun, physical activity, & good health. Activities will occur across the entire state of Maine, in all counties. The GMOW is spearheaded by the Maine Outdoor Coalition (MOC), a network of partners dedicated to increasing connection to the outdoors for all people in Maine. The MOC envisions a future where all people in Maine share a greater awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the benefits of spending time outdoors and increase their time in the outdoors. Check out more about the GMOW.
March 1st Outing Club Sunday Ski Days @ Mt. Abram
- T3 Special Partnership Group Discounts: $32 Adult Lift Ticket; $25 Student Lift Ticket; $14/$18 Ski or Snowboard Rental Equipment; $5 Helmet rental; $42 Learn to Ski or Ride; $12 Tubing.
- Box lunches available for $5.50. Must order when signing up. Must sign up with Meghan (email@example.com) by Monday January 26th and Monday February 26th respectively.
March 8th Outing Club Sunday Ski Days @ Sugarloaf
- T3 Special Partnership Group Discounts: $45 Adult Lift Ticket; $35 Student Lift Ticket; $25 Ski or Snowboard Rental Equipment; $5 Helmet rental; $62 Learn to Ski or Ride For those who can’t stop or turn, the package includes a learning area lift ticket, special rental equipment fitted for beginners and a 2 hour lesson with our Perfect Turn Coach who specializes in making learning and turning a success and fun! This program starts promptly at 10 am and must be reserved in advance. $25 Perfect Turn Clinic: 90 min lesson, starts at 10:15 am, meets at the Perfect Turn Hut.
- Outing Clubs will receive one complimentary lift ticket for every 10 lift tickets purchased. Must sign up with Meghan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday February 4th and Wednesday March 4th respectively.
March 14th Winter Cowboy 5K Snowshoe & Snowrun @ Mt. Abram
- Throw on some snowshoes, sneakers, boots, you name it and don't forget a costume for this foot race through the recreational trails at Mt. Abram presented by Baxter Outdoors, sponsored by DeLorme and proceeds benefit Teens To Trails (for every mile that is run/walked, $1 will be donated to T3)! $25 early bird entry (until March 1st), $30 regular pricing, or $59 for a whole day of fun skiing at Mt. Abram too! For more information check out the event's website.
March 20th MEEA Conference and MOC meeting
- The Maine Environmental Education Association and Chewonki are teaming up for the "Getting Better Together in Maine: Partnerships, Collaboration, and Collective Impact" Conference! An intensive day of case studies, resources, skill building, and collaborative action planning. Topics including: New Nature Movement, Climate Change Education, Youth Natural Leaders, Healthy Communities, Natural Resource Conservation, and New Visions for K-12 Education. Learn how to increase your impact in nature education, outdoor teaching and learning through collaboration. Reach more school or program goals than you could alone. Achieve greater impact through public/private partnerships. Online registration will open soon at www.meeassociation.org. The Maine Outdoor Coalition will also be meeting.
April 16th Maine Outdoor Film Festival @ John Bapst Memorial High School
- Come see a series of awesome short films that make up this year's spring MOFF tour to inspire us all to try new adventures! Films start at 7pm and will be hosted by the John Bapst Outing Club. Ticket sales and raffle item proceeds will benefit both T3 and the JBOC! Check out more about MOFF here.
May 16-17th Spring Thing @ The Forks
- Come Outing Clubs one and all, near and far for a weekend of F-U-N! Join fellow outing club student leaders and members from across the great state of Maine in activities like white water rafting, canoeing, hiking, biking, fishing, survival skills, camping out and much more at The Forks! More information to come! Until then check out last year’s offerings and photos at http://www.teenstotrails.org/SpringThing2014.