T3 Happenings Calendar
October 10-12th Acadia Rendezvous @ Acadia National Park
- A gathering of Outing Clubs for a Columbus Day weekend of F-U-N! Getting kids to ANP and out enjoying the park through a variety of activities (rock climbing, hiking, outdoor living skills, stargazing, and much more)! For more information and to register, click here.
October 16th T3 Grants-To-Clubs Applications Due
- T3's Grants-To-Clubs Program is in it's 8th year! We understand that school budgets are tight and that some Outing Club experiences cost money, so here is another way Teens To Trails can help your Outing Club start up or sustain itself. How is your Outing Club Budget looking for the year? Could it use a little boost? Is there that one special trip that your club just can't quite find the cash to make happen? T3 gives out grants up to $500 to Outing Clubs around the state to cover costs such as transportation, hiring a guide, buying a few tents or paying for your campsites. The application is simple and will be available on our website starting Tuesday 10/6 and will be due Friday 10/16. Good luck! Learn more and apply here starting Tuesday 10/6!
October 16-17th Maine Winter Sports Center Mountain Biking Skills Workshop
- The MWSC Education program is offering a 2-day educational mountain biking workshop at the Viles Arboretum in Augusta. This workshop is a great opportunity to learn skills and strategies for working with youth mountain programming and there are ample opportunities for programming discussion with individuals from around the state. Must be at least 15 years old. Cost is $35 for both days, and $20 for just the second day. For more information and to sign up email MWSC Education Coordinator Lauren Jacobs at 207.227.8580 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 7-15th Wilderness First Responder Course @ Acadia Leadership Institute
- A new branch of Camp Beech Cliff in Mt. Desert, Acadia Leadership Institute (ALI) offers wilderness trainings like this WFR in November. For more information and to register go here.
November 13th MOFF Screening @ John Bapst Memorial High School, Bangor
- Maine Outdoor Film Fest on tour to benefit T3 & JBOC! MOFF is all about “Celebrating the active outdoor community and inspiring expression.” More information to come.
November 20th-21st Wilderness First Aid Course @ Hidden Valley Nature Center
- Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA) rockstar instructor Eric Duffy is teaming up with T3 and AMOC again to offer WFA at a discount. More information to come.
December 4th AMOC Winter Trip Lottery drawing
- Join the Association of Maine Outing Clubs and check back as we add free or discounted trip opportunities and gear to the trip lottery for the winter. Enter to win one or all! Check out the past trips.
December 11th MOFF Awards Show @ Portland Museum of Art
- Semi-formal attire for an evening of celebrating another successful tour of the Maine Outdoor Film Festival. More info on the MOFF webpage here.
January 9-10th AMOC Winter Skills Weekend @ Maine Huts & Trails
- Planning is in the works for the Association of Maine Outing Clubs 2nd Winter Skills Weekend! Once again hosted by Maine Huts & Trails - this time at the Popular Hut! - and partnered with Maine Winter Sports Center instructors to bring Outing Club Advisors and Student Leaders a weekend packed with winter trips and skill development and FUN! See what it was like last year and check back as more information is added here.