Teens To Trails welcomes your involvement!
Because we are an all-volunteer organization with no staff to oversee projects, it sometimes makes it difficult to take advantage of all the wonderful offers of assistance that come our way. But, there are number of ways you can insert yourself into what happenings are already underway:
- Join a Planning Committee ~ We do most of our program planning in smaller working committees which always need additional workers. Contact us to find out what committees are currently in operation.
- Join T4 ~ Teens may be interested to know that we have a Teen Advisory Council composed of students who play a leadership role in their own high school Outing Clubs. Read more.
- Invite T3 to Speak ~ If you are part of an organization that is looking for speakers, we would be glad to talk about our favorite topic: The Importance of Engaging Youth in the Outdoors. Contact us with possible dates.
- College Mentors ~ Attention college students! College students who are members of their college Outing Club make wonderful mentors for high schoolers. You might simply attend a high school Outing Club meeting to tell them about your own Outing Club, present a simple "How To" workshop, teach a skill, or offer to tag along on an outing. Some colleges have lent equipment or hosted a high school group as part of their high school recruitment program. Let us put you in touch with the high school Outing Club Advisors in your area.
- Host an Outing Club ~ If you have outdoor recreational facilities or programs available to high school Outing Club groups, we will help you get the word out. Read about our T3 Partners.
- Share an Outdoor Skill ~ if you have outdoor skills you are willing to share with teens, we will help you connect with Outing Clubs in your area.
- Volunteer ~ we host several events, though most are scheduled biennially. On these days, we are glad to have extra set up hands and volunteer greeters. Contact us to find out what's coming up.