Teens To Trails provides small grants to high school Outing Clubs that get teens active outdoors and reconnect them with nature.
High school Outing Clubs are an effective way to engage teens in their natural world with the potential to make fun safe outdoor experiences accessible to every Maine student. Outing Clubs need our help more than ever! Established in 2008, our Grants-to-Clubs Program exists to help start new high school Outing Clubs and assist established Clubs in strengthening their programs & improving their sustainability. We know from experience that Outing Club experiences change lives – teens have told us so. All funds donated to our T3 Grants-to-Clubs Program have gone directly into support for high school Outing Clubs to engage teens in outdoor pursuits, positively impacting hundreds of Maine teenagers. These are small grants of around $500. We hope to send out a call for grant requests each school year using funds we have been able to raise. Possible uses for these grants include...
- new gear or equipment rentals
- transportation for outings
- safety and skills training
- fees for hiring Maine Registered Guides
- recreational / public use fees
- other costs that will ensure Outing Club activities are available to ALL students, especially those with financial need
Online Applications due on October 15th
(note date change from previous years)
- Read Guidelines & Application Process
- Download list of Questions on Application
- Go to online Application NOW
- Download Grantee Follow-Up Report
- Sample Budget
Teens To Trails grants have been made possible through the generous support of L.L.Bean, The Horizon Foundation, Quimby Family Foundation, Old Bug Light Foundation, The Davis Conservation Foundation, The North Face Explore Fund, Bangor Savings Bank, Norway Savings Bank, Northeast Bank and other personal donations. Thank you!