Discounts for AMOC Members
Thank you to these Partners for supporting High School Outing Clubs!
As a member of the Association of Maine Outing Clubs, Clubs are eligible for a variety of discounts through the generosity of our T3 Partners. Check back often as we will continue to add benefits!
Outdoor Sports Institute - Statewide
- OSI offers a statewide equipment rental program that includes: mobile nordic ski fleets, canoes, rec kayaks, mtn bikes and snowshoes. Their fee schedule offers discounts for high school outing clubs. Also provided is leader education, trip leading and instruction in these activities.
- The OSI fee schedule favors high school outing clubs and other similar groups. Fees for other services varies from group to group, depending on the situation (equipment rental, instruction, education).
- OSI offers world-class opportunities in adventure-based outdoor sport that extend from a solid introduction to exciting advanced pursuits. For Maine students our high school level offers opportunities ranging from several days to several weeks, coinciding with school breaks. These programs introduce students to a core curriculum of skill development, self-direction, and purpose, while giving them the chance to build a solid foundation for a lifetime of adventure pursuits. OSI also offers programming specifically for Maine high school classes, student groups, and clubs. These experiences introduce participants to fundamentals in specific outdoor sports such as canoeing, stand-up paddling, hiking, backpacking, whitewater kayaking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and backcountry skiing. The team of OSI Adventure Coaches will work with you in your backyard, in spectacular locations around Maine, and beyond.
- Contact Josh@outdoorsi.org
AMC - Maine and New Hampshire lodging locations
- If an Outing Club does a service project, AMC can provide discounted lodging and meals at AMC facilities. Gear necessities for said service projects should be discussed with AMC rep beforehand as gear can often be provided by AMC.
- The discount usually takes the form of a percentage off of total sale. There are no firm limitations to the discount, but it is offered on as available basis (that is, if there is space in the lodge for the club, AMC could then help get the discount).
- Should a group be interested in such a discount, an Outing Club should contact the head of the volunteer trails department directly, give their preferred dates/number of people/etc. and the contact will work with lodging/reservations department to get a discount since the group is doing a service project. The exact amount differs due to size of group, day of week, time of year, but in all cases, when a group works with the volunteer trails department and stays at an AMC lodge as a part of a service project, they will spend less on lodging than if they just went on a recreational trip.
- If just interested in a recreational trip, an Outing Club’s best bet is to contact AMC general reservations department.
- Contact: Alison Violette, Administrative Supervisor at email@example.com. Alison will help your Outing Club facilitate a service project trade for a discounted AMC stay!
SoPo SUP - South Portland
- 25% off rentals/lessons anyone 13-18 years old who mentions Teens To Trails (June, July and August) – rentals are limited to 24 hours. Any money spent on lessons or rentals can be applied towards a future board purchase. Anyone under 18 will need to have an adult sign a waiver claiming responsibility, and a credit card is required to rent any equipment. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewonki's Big Eddy Campground - on the West Branch of the Penobscot River
- Outing Clubs receive a 50% discount for camping in any season. Please make reservations with Don at email@example.com. Area recreational opportunities include hiking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting and more. Big Eddy is located in close proximity to Baxter State Park.
- HVNC can offer discounts on overnight stays in their rustic cabins, yurt, or campsites. HVNC will offer Outing Clubs a reduced rate: $30 for the yurt or Little Dyer Cabin, $20 for 2 Dog Hut or Hermit Hut, and $10 for a campsite.
- No limitations other than those always in place for said buildings. All details are on the HVNC webpage. Rental fees include canoe use on Little Dyer Pond!
- Contact Ali to reserve your clubs spot: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Rivers Whitewater - West Forks
Day rafting trips on the Kennebec or Penobscot Rivers for $64.00 per student. As part of this student discount Three Rivers will extend 1 free chaperone for every 12 students. Three Rivers will also give a school a trip for 2 for the Kennebec or Penobscot to raise money for their trip or outing club. The pass given to an Outing Club to fundraise cannot be used for an Outing Club trip. Contact: www.threeriversfun.com
Northeast Whitewater & Guide Service - Shirley
- ACA Training & Instruction in Swiftwater Rescue & Whitewater Kayaking - 25% off dicount for minimum of 10 participants. Contact Jessica Hargreaves, Adventure Coordinator at email@example.com. Jessica will help your Outing Club to get the whitewater training needed for your Outing Club's pursuits of running quality, safety oriented, and fun on water trips.
- Whitewater rafting day trips on the Kennebec & Penobscot Rivers for $68 per student for groups of 16 or more. 2 chaperones raft for free per group of 16. Wetsuits always included for FREE (valued at $20)
- Northeast Whitewater offers rafting, overnight trips, wildlife and moose canoe tours, hikes, instruction and more from May - mid-October. Student group pricing is always available.
Seaspray Kayaking - West Bath
- Seaspray Kayaking offers rentals & tours such as Island Camping Trips, Kayak Fishing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rolling Classes, Surf Kayaking and canoe, paddleboard & trailer rentals - all at great prices for schools!
- All Clubs (no matter what the size) can call Seaspray for instruction/safety/rescue training and SeaSpray will do whatever possible to make it work with the Outing Club's budget.
- $15 Kayak rentals for 3 hours at the New Meadows River location (only 1 mile from Thomas Pt. Beach) - which includes instruction and fitting prior to launching on the water. Two half days of Kayak rentals and Camping at Thomas Pt. Beach for only $30/person- Clubs can depart early in the afternoon, set up camp and return by Noon the following day!
- For Purchases: Schools may purchase wholesale paddling gear, including kayaks, paddleboards, lifejackets and wetsuits at our cost with School Purchase Orders. Please Contact Scott Shea directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Contact us with any questions about discounts.